Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: has anyone dealt with these guys?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gregorskiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    newbie first post here,
    considering what altec hardware goes for on ebay,i thought i would pass these along,

    4ea 604-8G in factory 620A cabinets for 3 grand,seems like a fair deal?
    http://www.voiceofthetheatre.com/6048G.htm


    used altec stuff
    http://www.jamminjersey.com/speaker3.htm

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member joyspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    275
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Post

    I've dealt with Jammin' Jersey for several pro audio items since 1992...

    Though I've never purchased any Altec equipment from them, I've been quite satisfied with the JBL, EV and Crown equipment that I have purchased.

    They are a pro audio / music shop and do have a pro audio perspective rather than an audiophile/boutique/collector viewpoint on their raw speaker components (though pro audio is unfortunately moving towards the audiophile `boutiqueness' nowadays). That's probably the source of some of the negative things I've heard about the shop over the years.

    Their items are somewhat expensive but the proprietor Mark Leonard does stand firmly behind what he sells. It's notable that the folks at JBL often recommend the shop for hard-to-get and obsolete replacements as well.

    The other people at the VOTT site I'm not familiar with at all but those 604-8Gs have been advertised on that site for well over a year.

    To be honest, I place far more trust in pro shops like Jammin' Jersey than the boutiques and individuals that cater to audiophiles and collectors so take my advice with a grain of salt ;-)

    BobR

  3. #3
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have bought from Jammin Jersey before and they are reputable folks! Call them to ask specifics about item condition, they tell you the truth about the condition of their goods. They do have interesting items for sale!

    voiceofthetheatre.com sells goods from Richard Stevenson of Total Audio in Kansas City. I, also, have purchased from him in the past. Private message me to ask more specific questions.

    forums

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gregorskiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    great advice!

    thanks guys

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Q-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I too bought from them. The prices are high, but they are honest.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gregorskiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks Q is there a better way?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.